Text Size: A A

New Retail Energy Suppliers

If you are an electricity provider interested in doing business in our service area, there are two important steps to complete.

  • First, you must be licensed by the state.
  • Second, you must be certified by Versant Power.

Becoming Licensed

If you are interested in becoming licensed in the state of Maine to provide energy to retail customers, you should first visit the Maine Public Utilities Commission (MPUC): Become Licensed

A list of energy suppliers currently licensed in the state of Maine can be found here: Energy Supplier Listing

Maine EBT Supplier Training Presentations can be found here: Supplier Training 

The MPUC has a complete website for energy suppliers at: Energy Supplier Information

Becoming Certified by Versant Power

If you are interested in becoming a Versant Power certified supplier, you must first:

  • Become licensed (see above) by the state of Maine.
  • Complete Maine´s EBT supplier training program.
  • Complete Versant Power’s EDI test plan (see below).

Contact for Supplier Certification, Registration and Testing
Please contact Lori Omlor at (207) 973-2853 or email us for the details on how to become a Versant Power certified energy supplier.

Contact for historical information or non-EDI information
Please email us with any requests for customer historical information or other non-EDI information requests

Versant Power’s EDI Supplier Test Process & Plan
Please contact Lori Omlor at (207) 973-2853 or email us for the Versant Power's EDI Supplier Test Process and Plan.

Asset Naming Convention in ISO CAMS

Please Identify Your Service Area

Click on your district on the map, or select a zip code or town from the lists.

Select Your District on the Map Below

Maine Public Service District Bangor Hydro District


Versant Power provides electric delivery service to two areas – the Bangor Hydro District and the Maine Public District.

            The Bangor Hydro District includes Hancock, Piscataquis and Washington Counties and most of Penobscot County.
            The Maine Public District serves Aroostook County and a small piece of Penobscot County.

Because some information varies by District, please identify your District on the map above, or enter your town or zipcode. If you need information on both Districts,  switch back and forth at any time by selecting the district selector button.

If the browser you are using has cookies enabled, you will only have to make this selection once.( If your browser has cookies disabled your selection will be remembered until you close the browser, but not when you return to the site.)