Text Size: A A

Damage Claims

We understand that damage to your property is inconvenient, upsetting and can pose a financial burden. If we are responsible, we want to promptly and fairly compensate you for your loss. The Company will consider claims for damages to electrical equipment and/or property at your home or business caused by Versant Power. Any damages occurring beyond the Company's control should be submitted to your insurance company.

If you believe Versant Power was involved in a negligent act that caused damage to your property, we urge you to call our Customer Contact Center to request a Damage Claim Submittal Form.

Each claim is investigated and evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Submittal of a claim is not a guarantee of payment. Versant Power will not be liable for damages caused by occurrences that are beyond our control, such as weather-related conditions, animal contacts, motor vehicle accidents, trees or construction activity, or equipment failure when the equipment has been maintained by industry standards.

If you disagree with our response, you have the right to appeal to the Consumer Assistance Division (CAD) of the Maine Public Utilities Commission, 18 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333. You can call the CAD at (207) 287-3831 or toll free 1-800-452-4699 or visit their website https://www.state.me.us/mpuc/consumer/index.shtml. Before you call or write the Commission, the MPUC requires that you first give us an opportunity to respond to your complaint.

Versant Power installs and maintains:
Your Service Line (1)
Electric Meter (6).

As a customer, you are responsible for the installation and maintenance of the:
Service bracket or hook (2)
Weather Head (3),
Pipe riser (4),
Meter box (5)
Service entrance cable (7)
A licensed electrician should install and maintain this equipment.

If your service line (1) or electric meter (6) is damaged, please call our Customer Contact Center.

View Versant Power's complete Construction Standards.

Please Identify Your Service Area

Click on your district on the map, or select a zip code or town from the lists.

Select Your District on the Map Below

Maine Public Service District Bangor Hydro District


Versant Power provides electric delivery service to two areas – the Bangor Hydro District and the Maine Public District.

            The Bangor Hydro District includes Hancock, Piscataquis and Washington Counties and most of Penobscot County.
            The Maine Public District serves Aroostook County and a small piece of Penobscot County.

Because some information varies by District, please identify your District on the map above, or enter your town or zipcode. If you need information on both Districts,  switch back and forth at any time by selecting the district selector button.

If the browser you are using has cookies enabled, you will only have to make this selection once.( If your browser has cookies disabled your selection will be remembered until you close the browser, but not when you return to the site.)